Effective Date: 25 May 2018
What Information does MeetNotes Collect?
- Information You Provide to Us
We may communicate with you if you’ve given us the information to do so. For example, if you’ve given us your email address, we may send you promotional email offers on behalf of other businesses, or email you about your use of the services. Also, we may get a confirmation once you open an email from us. This confirmation helps us improve our communications and our services. If you do not wish to receive communications from us, please indicate your preference by using the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our emails.
- Information Collected Automatically
Information is automatically received and recorded on our server logs whenever you interact with our services on your browser or device. This may include your IP address, geolocation data, device identification, the type of browser and/or device you’re using to access our services, “cookie” information, and the requested page or feature. “Cookies” are identifiers that we transfer to your device or browser that enables us to identify your browser/device and tells us how and when pages and features in our services are visited and by how many people. You may be able to prevent or limit your device’s acceptance of cookies, but this may hinder you from deriving the benefit from some of our features.
We may use this data to personalize content based on your usage patterns. We may also use it to improve the services – for example, this data can help us understand how often users use a particular feature of the services, and we can use that knowledge to make the services interesting to as many users as possible.
Will MeetNotes Share Any of the Personal Information it Receives?
We do not rent or sell your Personal Information in personally identifiable form to anyone. We may share your Personal Information with third parties as described in this section:
- Information that’s been de-identified: We may de-identify your Personal Information so that you are not identified as an individual, and provide that information to our partners. We may also provide composite usage information to our partners (or allow partners to collect that information from you), who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use our services, so that they, too, can provide you with an optimal online experience. For example, we use Hotjar to perform analytics on the services. If you would like to opt-out of Hotjar’s automatic retention of data collected through the services that integrate Hotjar’s products/services, you can do so by visiting https://www.hotjar.com/legal/compliance/opt-out. If you get a new computer, install a new browser, erase or otherwise alter your browser’s cookie file (including upgrading certain browsers) you may also clear the Hotjar opt-out cookie. However, we never reveal aggregate usage or de-identified information to a partner (or allow a partner to collect such information) in any way that would identify you as an individual person.
- Affiliated Businesses: In certain cases, businesses or third party websites we’re affiliated with may provide products or services to you through or in connection with the services (either alone or jointly with us). You can identify when an affiliated business is involved with such a transaction or service, and we will share your Personal Information with that affiliated business only to the extent that it is related to such transaction or service. We have no control over the policies and practices of third party websites or businesses as to privacy or anything else, so if you choose to take part in any transaction or service relating to an affiliated website or business, please read and understand all such business’ or websites’ policies.
- Agents: We hire other companies and people to work on tasks on our behalf and need to share your information with them in order to make products or services available to you; for example, we may use a payment processing company to receive and process your credit card transactions for us. Unless we tell you otherwise, our agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us. Note that an “agent” may also be considered a “partner” in certain circumstances, and would be subject to the terms of the “Information that’s been de-identified” section in that regard.
- Business Transfers: We may choose to buy or sell assets, and may share and/or transfer customer information in connection with the evaluation of and entry into such transactions. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or enter bankruptcy, if we go out of business, or go through some other change of command, Personal Information may be an asset that is transferred or acquired by a third party.
Is Personal Information about me secure?
Your account is protected by a password for your privacy and security. If you access the services via a third party site or service, you may have additional or different sign-on protections via that third party site or service. You must prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password and/or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
We endeavor to protect the privacy of your Personal Information we hold in our records, but unfortunately, we cannot guarantee complete security. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time.
What Personal Information can I access?
Through your account settings, you may access, and, in some cases, edit or delete the following information you’ve provided to us:
- Email address
- Email aliases
If you have any questions about viewing or updating information we have on file about you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What choices do I have?
You can always choose not to reveal information to us, but keep in mind some information may be needed to take advantage of some of our features.
You may be able to add, update, or delete information as explained above. When you update information, however, we may retain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. Some information may remain in our records even after you stop using the services. We may use any aggregated data derived from or incorporating your Personal Information after you update or delete it, but not in a manner that would identify you personally.
What if I have questions about this policy?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding our privacy policies, please send a detailed message to email@example.com and we will try to resolve your concerns.
If you are a resident of the European Union (“EU”), United Kingdom, Lichtenstein, Norway, or Iceland, you may have additional rights under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”) with respect to your Personal Data, as outlined below.
For this section, we use the terms “Personal Data” and “processing” as they are defined in the GDPR, but “Personal Data” generally means information that can be used to individually identify a person, and “processing” generally covers actions that can be performed in connection with data
such as collection, use, storage and disclosure. If MeetNotes is not processing your Personal Data on behalf of a third party, MeetNotes will be the controller of your Personal Data processed in connection with the services.
|Category of Data||Source of Data (if not Data Subject)||Purpose of Processing||Grounds for Processing||Specific Legitimate Interest (if applicable)||Retention Period of Such Data|
|Customer Contact Data (Name, Mailing Address, Email Address, Phone Number)||Data Subject||To provide the services to you||Legitimate Interests||To protect the security of your account, to communicate with you about the services, and to allow you to access the functionality of the services||As long as your account is considered to be active|
|Customer Meetings||Data Subject||To provide the services to you||Legitimate Interests||To allow attendees of meeting to access notes||As long as any attendee of meeting is on MeetNotes|
|Meeting Action Items and Notes of the Meeting||Data Subject||To provide services to you||Legitimate Interests||To allow attendees of meeting to access notes||As long as any attendee of meeting is on MeetNotes|
|Credit Card Information and Billing Address||Data Subject||To provide you with paid access to the services||Legitimate Interests||To enable you to purchase the paid portions of the services||As long as your account is considered to be active|
|Device Information (operating system, web browser etc.)||Data Subject||To provide the services to you||Legitimate Interests||To allow you to access the functionality of the services||As long as your account is considered to be active|
|IP address||Data Subject||To provide the services to you (to determine timezone for scheduling)||Legitimate Interests||To allow you to access the functionality of the services||As long as your account is considered to be active|
|Location Data||Data Subject||To provide the services to you (to determine timezone for scheduling notifications)||Legitimate Interests||To allow you to access the functionality of the services||As long as your account is considered to be active|
|Web Session Data||Data Subject||To provide the services to you||Legitimate Interests||To allow you to access the functionality of the services||As long as your account is considered to be active|
|Cookie information||Data Subject||To provides the services to you||Legitimate Interests||To allow you to access the functionality of the services||As long as your account is considered to be active|
How and With Whom Do We Share Your Data?
- Payment processors (e.g. Stripe)
- Analytics service providers (e.g. Google Analytics)
- Messaging service providers (e.g. Intercom)
- Staff augmentation and contract personnel
- Hosting service providers (AWS)
We also share Personal Data when necessary to complete a transaction initiated or authorized by you or provide you with a product or service you have requested. In addition to those set forth above, these parties also include:
- Other users (where you have meetings with them or you created Action Items for them)
- Other parties authorized by you (Slack, Trello)
We also share information with third parties when you have given us permission to do so (as indicated at the point such information is collected).
We also share Personal Data when we believe it is necessary to:
- Comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process, including from law enforcement or other government agencies
- Protect us, our business or our users, for example to enforce our terms of service, prevent spam or other unwanted communication and investigate or protect against fraud
- Maintain the security of our products and services
Furthermore, if we choose to buy or sell assets, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or
acquired by a third party, and we would share Personal Data with the party that is acquiring our assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
How Long Do We Retain Your Personal Data?
We retain Personal Data for as long as you have an open account with us or as otherwise necessary to provide you Services. In some cases we retain Personal Data for longer, if doing so is necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes or collect fees owed, or is otherwise permitted or required by applicable law, rule or regulation. Afterwards, some information in a depersonalized or aggregated form is retained but not in a manner that would identify you as an individual.
What Security Measures Do We Use?
We seek to protect Personal Data using appropriate technical and organizational measures based on the type of Personal Data and applicable processing activity. For example, we use encryption when sending and storing Personal Data. We do not sell Personal Data to third parties, and only allow third party access to Personal Data in order to improve the Services or for the purpose of analytics. We use OAuth to ensure a secure sign up and authentication process, SSL connections to manage the storage of Personal Data, and custom firewalls for additional protection of stored Personal Data.
What Rights Do You Have Regarding Your Personal Data?
You have certain rights with respect to your Personal Data, including those set forth below. For more information about these rights, or to submit a request, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that in some circumstances, we may not be able to fully comply with your request, such as if it is frivolous or extremely impractical, if it jeopardizes the rights of others, or if it is not required by law, but in those circumstances, we will still respond to notify you of such a decision. In some cases, we may also need to you to provide us with additional information, which may include Personal Data, if necessary to verify your identity and the nature of your request.
- Access: You can request more information about the Personal Data we hold about you and request a copy of such Personal Data. You can also access certain of your Personal Data by logging into MeetNotes and viewing your account settings.
- Rectification: If any Personal Data we are have about you is incorrect or incomplete, you can request for correction or the data to be supplemented. You can also correct some of this information directly by accessing your account settings. You can correct some of this information directly by logging into MeetNotes and editing your information from the account settings page.
- Erasure: You can request that we erase some or all of your Personal Data from our systems.
- Withdrawal of Consent: If your Personal Data is processed based on your consent (as mentioned at the time when such data is collected), you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note, however, that if you exercise this right, you may have to then provide express consent on a case-by-case basis for the use or disclosure of your Personal Data, if such use or disclosure allows you to utilize some or all of our Services.
- Portability: You can ask for a copy of your Personal Data. You can also request that we transmit the data to another controller where technically feasible.
- Objection: You can contact us to let us know that you object to the further use or disclosure of your Personal Data for certain purposes.
- Restriction of Processing: You can ask us to restrict further processing of your Personal Data.
- Right to File Complaint: You have the right to lodge a complaint about MeetNotes practices with respect to your Personal Data with the supervisory authority of your country or EU Member State.
We request individuals under 16 not provide personal data to MeetNotes. If we discover that we have gathered personal data from a child under 16, we will delete the information as soon as possible.
Transfers of Personal Data:
The Services are hosted and operated in the United States (“U.S.”) through MeetNotes and its service providers, and if you do not reside in the U.S., laws in the U.S. may differ from the laws where you reside. By using the Services, you accept that any Personal Data about you, whether provided by you or received from a third party, is being provided to MeetNotes in the U.S. and will be hosted on U.S. servers, and you authorize MeetNotes to transfer, store and process your information to and in the U.S., and possibly other countries. You hereby consent to the transfer of your data to the U.S. pursuant to a data processing agreement incorporating standard data protection clauses promulgated by the European Commission, a copy of which can be obtained at https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=celex%3A32010D0087.