Classic meeting minute template can be used for any business meeting, irrespective of the purpose of the meeting, whether it is to discuss growth strategies, retain customers or to build partner relationships. If you are leading a meeting for the first time and are unsure of where to start, use the classic meeting minutes template to structure your meetings and streamline the meeting process across your organization. This meeting minutes template is simple to use and can be customized according to your meeting type.
Problems You Can Solve With the Classic Meeting Agenda Template
Meetings that go beyond the stipulated time, meetings that result in no decisions being made and meetings that are a terrible waste of time. Every meeting attendee has experienced at least one of these problems. The first step to conducting effective meetings begins with identifying the problem, finding solutions that work and implementing them. The common problems that result in unproductive meetings are:
- Meetings not ending on time
- Too many meeting attendees, which makes it harder to reach a consensus.
- Discussions that get off track
- Meeting with no goal and no objective
- Attendees multitasking during the meeting
Benefits of the Classic Meeting Minutes Template
A classic meeting minutes template can shorten meeting time considerably. The template can help prepare for and run an effective meeting. It can be used for remote team meetings. The meeting agenda can be shared in advance so that only those who will influence the meeting outcome will attend. This leads to faster decision making and follow-up on next steps is easy and less time consuming. The meeting also stays on track and ends on time.
Components of the Classic Meeting Minutes Template
The classic meeting minutes template has the following essential ingredients for a productive meeting:
- The Goals section where you can specify individual agenda items
- Review of minutes from the last meeting
- Spillover discussion from last meeting
- Status review of action items assigned from the last meeting
- Meeting Notes
- Action items
Robert’s Rules of Order Defines How to Use the Classic Meeting Minutes Template
Standard Robert’s Rules outlines a series of steps to be followed during a meeting. These steps can help in implementing the classic meeting minutes template.
- Start with a ‘Call to Order’. Use an invocation to signal the start of the meeting.
- Review minutes. Assign someone to review the minutes of the previous meeting. If there any discussion topics from the last meeting, address those first. Also, check on the status of action items assigned in the previous meeting.
- Reports. Next call upon attendees who will report about specific activities or projects in line with the meeting objective.
- Discussion of new business. Start addressing the present meeting’s agenda items. While discussing these agenda items if any recommendations are made, then a debate or a vote may be necessary. Record the result of the debate and vote.
- Action items: Before the meeting ends, clearly define the action items, their owners and deadlines. Also, define how often and when follow up will be undertaken.